MiOTA is a voluntary professional association of occupational therapy practitioners who are dedicated to supporting the profession through advocacy and communication. MiOTA members are a proud group of engaged professionals who believe in the profession of OT in Michigan, today and in the future.
Learn more about memberships benefits by viewing the presentation: State Associations: Professional Responsibility & Practice Protection by MiOTA's Leader of the Executive Committee, Cathleen Johnson, OTD, OTRL, FMiOTA.
Renewing members: please log into the member portal or use the link in your renewal email to renew.
- Support for the profession of OT within the state of Michigan through legislative and regulatory monitoring and lobbying efforts of MiOTA
- Have your interests in expanding payments and access to OT services represented by MiOTA with all major payors including Blue Cross, Medicare, Medicaid, managed care organizations, worker’s compensation and no fault auto insurance.
- Notification of continuing education opportunities
- Receive labels from membership lists
- Gain access to OT display board
- View free videos on pertinent topics and issues
- Become eligible for one of the annual MiOTA awards which recognize clinical excellence and professional contributions
- Participate in Special Interest Section activities within your clinical practice area
- Network with members in geographical areas through Chapter activities – membership in a Chapter is included in your MiOTA membership
- Become eligible for scholarships for OT and OTA students
- Find bargains on great OT gift items
- Receive quarterly newsletters highlighting issues and activities around the state: The MiOTA Newsletter
- Become eligible to serve your profession in MiOTA through committees, task forces or by running for an office on the Executive Committee
OT – May vote on all matters to come before the members to vote, may be eligible for office and serve on any committee subject to the qualifications established for the particular office or committee. $100 per year.
OTA –May vote on all matters to come before the members to vote, may be eligible for office and serve on any committee subject to the qualifications established for the particular office or committee. $85 per year.
Student – Individuals in an accredited professional or technical program of occupational therapy or a graduate of a program that have not yet achieved OT or OTA status. Student members may not vote and are not eligible to hold any office. $30 per year.
First and Second Year New Grad - Individuals who are within the first two years post-graduation from an accredited professional or technical program of occupational therapy or a graduate of a program that have not yet achieved OT or OTA status. $30 per year.
Associate – Individuals interested in occupational therapy but who are not eligible for OT or student membership status, must be invited by Executive Committee to become an associate member. Associate member may not vote and are not eligible to hold office. $50 per year.
Retired – individuals who have ceased the active practice of occupational therapy and have attained age 65, have 20 years of active service in the field of occupational therapy and while active in practice were qualified for OT or OTA membership status. $50 per year.
Honorary – Individuals who have performed distinguished service in the field of occupational therapy and have OT or OTA membership status. Honorary members are members of MiOTA for life, with the payment of additional membership fees. They have the rights associated with OT or OTA membership status.
Click Here to join MiOTA now!